Sunday, July 17, 2011

Super Easy DIY Shoe Repair

I love these espadrilles/wedges! I've had them for about 6 years, they go with so many things and are very comfortable...

but they're finally falling apart!

Poor shoes! I know I could go out and replace them with another, similar pair but I just imposed a shopping ban for the next month and trust me, I've been shopping around for a while and haven't come across anything else I like as much. What's a girl to do? I could take them to the Shoe Hospital but it would take too long and I want to wear them now, plus they might not be worth the $30...it's true. How about repairing them myself? Ok. (Plus it's really easy!)

I just used regular white glue that dries clear (because that's what I had on hand,) in all the places the sole was coming off the shoe. I've used Shoe Goo in the past and it works really well, but I found it to be a bit messy, although, that's probably just me.

To hold it in place, I tried a clothes pin but this particular pair of shoes were to thick for it. But because it's a very soft sole, straight pins worked just fine.

Both shoes needed the repair. I wiped the excess glue off, let them dry a few hours and wore them...they held up great!

At least this will buy me sometime to continue the hunt for a new pair!
J.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you look fab!

    I'm hosting a $100 Lulus.com gift card giveaway on the blog. Hope you can enter!

    goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did the same thing with my work shoes. Dont care much about work shoes. Anyways i followed this guide Repair shoes

    ReplyDelete